Your dental health is something that you must work on daily. Luckily, regular maintenance will help you keep your mouth, teeth, and gum in good shape. Along with that, there are some other things that you can do to help with your oral health. Your dentist Greenville SC office has offered some helpful advice that you can use to help keep your mouth as healthy as possible.
- Brush And Floss Regularly. You know that you have heard it before, but it is so very important that you brush your teeth at least two times a day for at least two minutes. This helps clean your teeth and keep them in good shape. And, did you know that brushing only cleans 60% of your teeth’s surfaces? This means that it is equally important to floss on a regular basis to get 100% of your teeth’s surfaces clean.
- Visit Your Dentist On A Regular Basis. Just as important as it is to brush and floss on a regular basis, it is equally important to visit your dentist every six months. When you do, your dentist will provide a cleaning and a thorough exam. This is important to the health of your teeth and gums and will allow your dentist to determine if there are any issues with your mouth. If there are, they can deal with them before they become too great.
- Don’t Chew On Hard Things. While it may be tempting to chew on ice, your fingernails, or pens, it is not good for your teeth’s enamel and regularly chomping on things that should stay out of your mouth could really harm your teeth over time.
- Don’t Use Hard Toothbrushes. Just like chewing on things that you shouldn’t, brushing with hard toothbrushes with too much pressure can harm your teeth’s enamel and cause it to become much thinner than it should be. And you need this enamel to protect your teeth.
- Stay Away From Do It Yourself Whitening Kits. Your dentist Greenville SC office understands just how important it is to have white teeth. However, when you choose DIY whitening options, they can seriously damage your teeth and your gums. If you want to try whitening, contact your dentist to learn more about safe options.
Dentists want to see healthy mouths and the tips that are shared here will help you have healthy mouth, teeth, and gums.